Sunday 3 April 2011

A new beginning

Many times I have told myself that I will write in a journal every day.  How hard could it be really? I wouldn't even have to write all that much, just a few sentences about my day, maybe something about what I dreamed the night before, anything really.  But alas, my efforts were always in vain, as the first two or three days I would diligently write long, descriptive paragraphs about my deepest thoughts throughout the day, the few days following I would write two or three sentences, and the rest of the journal would be filled with blank pages, representative of my failure to finish something I had started.

But this time will be different.  This time I will write to this blog frequently.  I won't say I'll write in it every day, because even I can see through that blatant lie.  I will say, however, that I will at least write one post a week, whether it be of the more humorous persuasion, or, as we say these days "srs bsns."  I will not do it for the readers (not that I have any) but for me, to make a record of my strange and ever changing life.
So that someday, when I have 1983476 posts, I can look back at this new beginning and be proud, for I will actually have continued something that I had set out to do long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment