Wednesday 27 April 2011

Indication 3 that I am weird

I get addicted to certain smells.  I wouldn't say that I have a particularly sensitive nose or anything, but there are certain things that I need to smell every once and a while or I get withdrawal.
One of these things is my cat.  I'm not sure exactly what it is she smells like, but I know I am addicted to it, and even though I know that I'm getting cat hairs in my nose, I smell her anyway.
Another one of these things is a blanket that I've had since I was a baby.  If it wasn't for the smell I probably would have gotten rid of it a long time ago, but the smell is quite addictive, so I still have it.  It's falling apart, and it probably needs to be washed, but then I'd have to get the right smell on it all over again.
Also, whenever I've had significant others I have become addicted to their personal smell, until of course we broke up.
I used to think that this was a normal thing, but when I asked other people they looked at me like I was weird.  Which I am, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I like smells too! You're not weird :)

    (..unless we're both weird..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smell my cat too... I thought I was the only one and I didn't think it was weird until now... Now I think that I may also be weird, or rather weirder than perviously thought!

    ReplyDelete