Monday 11 April 2011

Indication 1 that I am weird

I hate it when someone or something points at my chest.  It feels like I'm being stabbed.  I have no idea why this is, I have never been stabbed before that I can remember, but when I am pointed at in the area between my chest and my upper stomach I instantly cover it with my arms and turn away, usually squealing in the process. 

This can be very inconvenient in several situations.  I remember when I took a CPR class and other people were required to "landmark" on your stomach to find the correct place to do chest compressions, which, as some of you may know, requires them to poke their fingers underneath my ribcage right to the part that is most sensitive.  Needless to say it didn't go over well.  I also didn't pass my CPR course.

Another thing that I continue to struggle with today is sharing music with someone in choir.  When I hold my music slightly shifted to one side or the other, the corner of the piece of paper points directly at my chest, causing me much discomfort.  You may say that I could just fold the corner in, but that instead makes it much WORSE, as it creates TWO points in the paper that are pointing at my chest.  I usually end up awkwardly holding the corner of the paper between my thumb and forefinger, so that my chest is safe from the paper that may just fly out and stab me.

I really have no idea what the cause of this weakness could be, but one thing is for sure, I am glad I am not a superhero.  Having my fatal weakness that easy for any villain to take advantage of wouldn't be a trait that would make me very successful at fighting evil.  No, I will stick to living a safer life, where the only things that point at my chest can't actually hurt me.  Now, if only my chest would figure that out.

3 comments:

  1. Remember when those giant pencil crayons were pointing at us in Sears, or the Bay? LOL :)

    I'm the worst friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I suppressed that memory due to the trauma it caused me.

    ReplyDelete